The exact date,when the church was built, is unknown, but the records show that it was built before 1570. It is one of the first Reformed churches in Lithuania. In 1815, it was transformed into a “magazine” – the cereal reserve storage for disasters. In 1919, when the Bolsheviks occupied Deltuva, they sought gold and destroyed the former burial grounds. During the Second World War, the Germans blew up the church tower as a possible observation point. The entire building was damagedduring that explosion.