The manor in Taujėnai has been mentioned in the 16th century. Then it belonged to Plonianskiai and looked differently.The classical style manor inTaujėnai was built in 1802 by Benediktas Marikonis, who was the owner of the manor at that time. In the English style park of the manor there were 4 ponds, poplar, and linden alleys, a lot of old and rare trees. The park had the biggest flower garden in Lithuania during the inter-war period. The last owners of the manor were Radvilos. The manor belonged to this family until 1939. There was a rich collection of paintings and sculptures, sets of china and crystal. Later, the manor became a property of a bank for debt. Currently the manor is being restored.