The path of the cross consists of 35 chapels and gates. The path starts at the church of St. Virgin Mary of Rosaries and meanders five kilometres through the woods, meadows, and the shore of the lake. In 1846, Kalvarijos were wooden. 40 years later the brick ones replaced them.The number of pilgrims, who came here to walk and pray in the path of the cross on Whitsunday,had grown over the years.In the interwar period, there were thousands of them. In 1963, Kalvarijos were demolished. At the beginning of the revival in 1989,they are restored again.